Effective Jan 2018: From The Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC)
If you are a homeopathically trained student who is pursuing the Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH) certification from the CHC, you must be a graduate of an ACHENA Accredited or Candidate School or Program.
ACHENA ensures that each Accredited or Candidate School or Program:
- Demonstrates a proven track record of educating professional homeopaths.
- Offers a comprehensive, up to date, sequential curriculum that addresses all the knowledge and skills required to practice professional homeopathy.
- Employs well-qualified faculty who are recognized in the field.
- Conducts student grading in a fair, unbiased manner, designed to promote student growth and professional development.
- Meets all community-defined educational standards of homeopathic excellence.
- Has a policies and procedures in place that address student complaints or grievances.
- Meets all requirements for ensuring that students qualify for the CHC national certification exam to earn the Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH) certification.
- Provides comprehensive clinical training, including opportunities to observe experienced homeopaths and opportunities to gain direct clinical experience.
- Provides access to a stimulating learning community with student resources, such as library and other student services.
This table outlines the status of schools that are in the process of seeking accreditation.
There are five steps in the accreditation process:
- A school indicates its intention to apply for accreditation by submitting an initial Eligibility Application.
- A school completes an Eligibility Packet to demonstrate eligibility for accreditation.
- Once the Eligibility Packet is approved by ACHENA, a school is granted Candidacy Status. These schools are deemed eligible for accreditation and their curriculum is ACHENA approved.
- A school that is a Candidate for accreditation must prepare and submit a self-study and undergo a peer review site visit.
- A school that has successfully completed the self-study and peer review site visit is granted accreditation for five years. Accredited schools submit annual reports and must apply for reaccreditation in accordance with the established timeline.
|STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4||STEP 5|
|School Name and|
|Date of Initial Application||Date of Eligibility Packet Submission||Date Granted|
|Date of Self-Study Submission||Awarded
|Academy of Homeopathy Education|
AHE NYC | World
155 Water St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
|British Institute of Homeopathy|
580 Zion Road
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
|School of Homeopathy|
Stroud GL5 3SS, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1453 765 956
|International Academy of Classical Homeopathy|
Alonissos, Northern Sporades, 37005, Greece
Phone: +30 24240 65142
Thank you for supporting ACHENA!
Please partner with ACHENA and give generously to help the homeopathic community achieve our goals. Your tax-deductible donation supports our mission to strengthen the quality of homeopathic education programs and improve consumer protection.